- Once you've selected to install LifeQ Explorer, you will receive a security message stating that the app originates from an "Unknown Source". This is because the app did not come from Google Play and you will need to give it permission to install on your mobile device.
- To allow this, simply select "Settings" in the security pop-up and allow the installation to proceed.
- Alternatively, open Settings on your mobile device, and navigate to your security settings. Enable "Unknown sources" and allow the installation of LifeQ Explorer.
App not available
Android users may encounter a problem when trying to download LifeQ Explorer from Google Play if their email address/account is not Google-enabled.
Please send us your primary Google account email address - the one you use to sign in to Google Play. We can then assign the required permissions to your Google email address, and you should be able to proceed with the download and installation of LifeQ Explorer.
- The link you received to install LifeQ Explorer must be opened in Safari.
- You will receive an error message stating that the app originates from an "Untrusted Enterprise Developer". This is because the app did not come from the App Store and you will need to manually give it permission to install on your mobile device.
- To do this, please follow these instructions:
- Open Settings.
- Select "General".
- Select "Profiles & Device Management".
- Tap "Trust" to give the app installer permission to download LifeQ Explorer.
- Once you have done this, LifeQ Explorer should be installed automatically.